Downloads of v 0.2.463
It can be difficult to troubleshoot data on an embedded target while your application is running. In the same way a debugger helps you debug your application code, MPLAB Data Visualizer helps you debug your data. With MPLAB Data Visualizer, you can:
• See how key data points in your application change during runtime.
• Visualize values captured by a sensor on your development board.
MPLAB Data Visualizer has the following features:
• Visualize data from a running embedded target via the Data Gateway Interface (DGI) or virtual serial port (CDC).
• Concurrently debug target code and stream data.
• Decode data fields at runtime using the Data Stream Protocol format.
How to Install this Plugin:
This plugin is available for download directly in the MPLAB X IDE Plugin Manager.
1. Open the Plugin Manager by navigating to the Tools | Plugins menu in MPLAB X IDE
2. Click the Available Plugins tab
3. Type MPLAB Data Visualizer in the search field
4. Put a check mark in the box next to MPLAB Data Visualizer (beta)
5. Click Install
6. Follow the wizard steps to complete the installation
How to Install this Plugin Bundle Offline:
This plugin can be downloaded as a zip file for offline installation in MPLAB X IDE.
1. Download the zip file from Microchip Gallery
2. Extract it to a location on disk
3. Open MPLAB X IDE
4. Navigate to Tools | Plugins
5. Click Settings tab
6. Click Add button
7. Type a name, such as MPLAB DV
8. In the URL field, enter the location from step 2 using the full path, such as file:/Users/myuser/Downloads/path/to/zip/extraction/updates.xml
Make sure the path ends in updates.xml
9. Click OK
10. A new entry labeled MPLAB Data Visualizer (beta) will appear in the Updates tab for an existing installation or Available Plugins tab for a new installation
11. Click either Update or Install, depending on which tab MPLAB Data Visualizer (beta) appears
12. Follow the wizard steps to complete the installation
To install MPLAB-Data-Visualizer-Plugin-Beta, download this package and open it in IDE.
Supported Products: MPLAB X
DV-856 In Ubuntu, clicking on the Documentation Icon or pressing F1 might not launch the documentation in an external browser as expected. Workaround: Open the documentation directly from the installed location on disk.
DV-835 Linux: Cannot connect to ttyACM0 for streaming data. Workaround: add your user to the dialout group and log out, then log back in.
DV-807 Discarded data count under decoder statistics sometimes increases and resets to 0. This happens when data frames are split across multiple packets. When a full data frame is received, the discarded byte count resets back to 0.
DV-806 Plotted data can look distorted at certain zoom levels. This happens because the Visualizer reduces the resolution of old data as internal buffers fill up, in order to save memory.
DV-838 For CDC (virtual serial) connections, the only working baud rate on Windows and Linux at this time is 9600. There are no known limitations on macOS for baud rate.
DV-897 Connecting more than one DGI-enabled kit and then physically unplugging can cause errors on the next DGI connect. Workaround is to either unplug and plug in before attempting to connect or restart MPLAB X.
- No dependencies.
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.3.1320 (latest stable)||32||Monday, December 19, 2022||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.3.1160||493||Tuesday, March 15, 2022||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.3.1136||77||Friday, January 21, 2022||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.3.1113||239||Wednesday, October 27, 2021||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.2.956||111||Wednesday, May 12, 2021||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.2.835||150||Wednesday, September 23, 2020||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.2.834||28||Monday, September 21, 2020||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.1.793||1,200||Thursday, June 11, 2020||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 1.0.675||320||Friday, December 20, 2019||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 0.2.463 (this version)||171||Tuesday, July 2, 2019||yes|
|MPLAB-Data-Visual... 0.1.438||215||Friday, May 24, 2019||yes|